Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The One About Skinny Strawberry Cupcakes

Hi, my name is Shanna, and I love cupcakes.

There, I said it. And who doesn't love cupcakes, really?  But, unfortunately for me, eating cupcakes does not line up with my weight loss goals.  We'll talk more about that later, but the day I found a recipe for strawberry cupcakes that would not ruin my diet for the day, the heaven's parted and babies giggled, and all good things collided.

I'm being dramatic.  But these cupcakes are really good, y'all! And at 105 calories...It doesn't get much better.

So, I have to share the wealth.  But first, a few disclaimers...

  • I cannot take credit for this recipe. I found it on Skinny Mom. And I've tried several of her recipes and they've been fantastic. 
  • The picture below used store-bought icing, so I'm doing a little false advertising here.  With the Pilsbury hot pink vanilla icing (and sprinkles), these particular cupcakes were more than 105 calories, because 2-year-olds don't care.
  • I've made the frosting outlined in the recipe as well, and it's so light and awesome. You could also eat these with no frosting at all and they are heavenly strawberry muffins. They are so moist and flavorful, you won't miss the frosting.

Skinny Strawberry Cupcakes
 

 

 
 
Ingredients
 
Cupcakes:
  • 1 box Pilsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry cake mix
  • 1 6 ounce container Dannon Light n Fit Strawberry yogurt
  • 2 egg whites
  • 3/4 cup of water
Frosting:
  • 1 tub of Cool Whip Free (8 ounce size)
  • 1 box of Strawberry Jello Pudding mix (Sugar-Free, Fat-Free 1 ounce size)
  • Red food coloring, optional
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners or spray with a non-stick spray.
  2. In a medium bowl mix cake mix, egg whites, yogurt, and 3/4 cup of water. Stir for 2 -3 minutes until well-blended (I used a hand mixer). Place mixture into cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
  3. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  4. While cupcakes are baking mix the contents of the Strawberry Jello mix with the full container of Cool Whip pudding mix. Stir until blended. Add a few drops of food coloring for color. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  5. After cupcakes have cooled, ice the cupcakes with Cool Whip mixture
 
What more could you ask for? Low-calorie, guilt free, super-easy cupcakes! This will make about 18 cupcakes, so make sure you share.

No comments:

Post a Comment